So at some point I must have hit a rock with my MP-33 PW. The little nick must have broke the chrome and well at some point caused the chrome to bubble up. At this point, it has started to peel off, and well that’s not so wonderful.

My Clubs 0024

In the picture below, you can see some more bubbling on the face of the club. Yes, the club is quite dirty at the moment, I hadn’t cleaned it since I last played. Side Note: I just received a BrushPro from Frogger Golf, hopefully that will help keep the grooves cleaner than the ‘el-cheapo’ brush I have now. Review coming soon!

Mizuno MP-33 PW Damage

So yeah, back to the PW. Unfortunately now the peeling chrome gets caught on things, my towel, my hand..the grass. It’s annoying. Perhaps I can file it down or something…I’m not sure. The sad thing is, Mizuno no longer makes these irons, so what to do. Unfortunately Mizuno doesn’t make their wedge series in 48 degree lofts. So my options are to go with another manufacturer (Eidolon, Cleveland) or go with say an MP-67 or 32 PW. Given how much I’m loving the Eidolon Sand Wedge I have at the moment, that may be the best route. But I do love the feel of the MP-33, especially on bump&runs around the green. I’ll really miss that.

Comments
Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:53 pm June 4, 2007
Mike
Author

As you might expect, I’d recommend EIDOLON. I have a 48, 52, 56 and 60 and love them all.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:29 pm June 4, 2007
Cal
Author

I take it you’ve checked eBay and whatever stores sell used clubs?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:37 pm June 4, 2007
DeepRough
Author

Yeah, I checked out ebay, all I’ve seen are complete sets of mp-33s. Which may not be a bad idea, considering they go for 200-300 used. I checked my local golfsmith, and they didn’t even have any mp33s on the racks, let alone any standalone PWs :)

I hit a mp-67 pw at the range, and liked the feel. Saw a single one on ebay, and may bid on that, and give that a whirl. We shall see.

And yeah Mike, I am loving the 56 Eidolon I have at the moment. I’ll definitely check out the 48. And quite possibly the 52, as I’m really not loving the Cleveland 52 I have at the moment.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:03 pm June 5, 2007
Mike
Author

Let me know, thru an email, if you want to get one or more and I’ll get you a discount.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:18 pm June 5, 2007
DeepRough
Author

Thanks Mike, I may take you up on that!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:25 pm June 5, 2007
19thHole
Author

DR,
Have you looked into having the club refinished? There are a number of services who will rechrome clubheads and restore the club to like-new form.

I’ve never done this but doing a quick G search I found several. Looks like anywhere from $18 – $70 per club.

Here’s one on the cheaper side…

If you look into it let me know how it goes.

Jim
19thHole.com

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:22 pm September 19, 2007
Nick
Author

I ruined a Mizuno mp-30 8 iron on a rock
Having it sent out at the end of the season to be rechromed.I would highly recommend going that route first. Also If you get some rock damage on the course, do not be afraid to tell the management of your plight
They will do their best to have your babies fixed or replaced………..on their dime

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:26 am September 20, 2007
DeepRough
Author

Unfortunately, it happened at a municipal course. I am sure they would do just about nothing for my poor little club.

I ended up replacing it with a 48* eidolon wedge. Been working out well so far.

Comments are closed.